Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Students applying to UWC from Lebanon must
- be 16 or 17 years old by first year of entry to a UWC college
- have Lebanese nationality (at least one parent Lebanese) OR be schooled in Lebanon since the three previous years
- have good motivation
- achieve above average academic grades
- be ready to live abroad and represent Lebanon in a college with students from over 90 countries
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation
- A student applying to a UWC college should have a genuine desire to learn about the world and the capacity to grasp a range of issues, from global problems to local concerns, and the ability to analyse topics thoroughly.
- Active commitment
- He or she should be able to develop, question and confront his/her own values, measure his/her behaviour within family and community against these values, and act accordingly and responsibly.
- Social competence
- The student should have the ability and readiness to make contact with other people, interact respectfully with them, work in a team and achieve solutions. He or she should be able to express him/herself appropriately in different situations and to different people.
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity
- The student must be ready to look after him/herself physically and emotionally during the challenging and transforming experience that UWC offers. He/she must have the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value the opinion and experience of others.
- Motivation for UWC
- The student must be committed to actively promoting UWC values.